Thursday, February 3

Dixie Dialect


I love everything about The Secret Sisters from Muscle Shoals, Alabama. Their look. Their sound. Laura and Lydia Rogers' timeless vocals evoke such a pure sense of sound on their self-titled debut album. Such a breath of fresh air for the country music industry! This sweet song, Tennessee Me, makes me wish I was rocking on my porch swing at the end of a long summer's day. Doesn't is sound like a little southern lullaby? And they do a fabulous cover of Frank Sinatra's Somethin' Stupid. I love anyone who will take on a rendition of anything from Sinatra. Not to mention the fact that I want their wardrobe {and lipstick...I do love a bright lip!}. Y'all be sure to check out their website and pick up your very own copy of The Secret Sisters!

No comments:

Post a Comment