Saturday, May 26

LADY OF THE LAKE

Happy Memorial Day weekend, y'all! While I'm [what feels like] a billion miles from a beach, up here in Minnesota we have 10,000 lakes to choose from for some fun in the sun. So, Parker and I will make like the natives and give the fresh water a try. Memorial Day usually marks the unofficial start of the warmest weather, so I chose some delightfully citrusy pieces to get you ready for some hot fun in the Summertime.

I'm really into the one-piece this season, so I chose a lovely lemon seersucker tank from J.Crew. The vertical stripes are slimming and the underwire top gives support and the halter ties give flexiblity for tan lines or no. Add this huge floppy hat to keep the sun off your face, neck and chest.

If you're anything like me, my hair goes UP in the hot weather. These hairbands look cute in your hair, yes, but they could pass as bracelets as well. Who doesn't love a muli-tasking accessory? Speaking of mult-tasking, you can take this tote from sea to shore for sure. The poms and tassels are too cute!

I hope y'all are having a wonderful long weekend, but please don't forget to thank a serviceman or woman for the sacrifices they make serving our country. That's what Memorial Day is all about, after all.


1 comment: