Friday, April 29

Dress to Impress


Image via Vogue
They always say dress for the job you want, not the job you have. Well, my, my Miss Catherine Middleton! What a way to make a statement. I was up bright and early for the Royal wedding waiting with baited breath (along with the rest of the world) to see the dress. Honestly, I didn't really care about the rest of the pomp and circumstance; I wanted to see the fashion. Alexander McQueen was a fabulous choice on Kate's part (and Pippa's for that matter...I'm obsessed with Pippa!) and I adored the Queen's gift of the Cartier tiara for the ceremony. Not only is she now an HRH, but she's cemented herself as a fashion icon. Personally, I'm excited to see the effect this will have on the wedding industry in the coming months. I do believe we'll be seeing some long sleeved wedding gowns on late-winter brides and definitely a return to more "traditional" touches such as box pleats, blushers and ballgowns. I enjoyed the early morning fashion commentary with my friend Annette and loved getting her design aspect and all of the work that goes into a creating a dress fit for a princess.

No comments:

Post a Comment