Thursday, December 23

DIY on the Fly: Southern Terrarium

Happy Christmas Eve Eve! If y'all are like me, you're still running around like mad trying to get everything perfect for Christmas morning. I'll be taking a break for the rest of the weekend to celebrate the season and spend time with family, but before I head to South Carolina, I wanted to share this precious DIY ornament project I worked on for my recipients in the Southern Weddings annual ornament exchange. I assembled the "ingredients" I would need: Spanish moss, cotton and hay, all things that could be found on our family's farm. I sourced a clear glass ball from a craft store as my container and I chose a gingham ribbon in sophisticated black and white for my simple bow. Voila, y'all! A "Southern" terrarium fit for the finest of Douglas firs. Merry Christmas!

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful and how simple. What a wonderful idea! Love it. Hope I get one. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this and DIY decorating projects! I'll have to remember for next year...my goal for when we have a "family" is to have multiple Christmas trees around the house in different rooms with different themes [ornaments]. Hope you and Parker had a very Merry Christmas...and here's to a wonderful 2011!! XO, MWJ

    ReplyDelete